Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Another Saturday Project

In preparation for the carpet change (the new carpet is now laying in my family room, begging to be laid tomorrow!), Randy switched out tile in front of the fireplace and laid a section in front of the patio door. Or I should say Randy and Wyatt did.

When Randy is home and Wyatt is awake, he. must. be. with. daddy. I love that. He's convinced he's helping. Either that or he just knows that a boy is supposed to be in the shop or helping daddy. This last Saturday he played contentedly for over an hour in the garage in 100 degree heat "helping" daddy. We made sure he got plenty of water, and before his nap we stripped him down and plopped in him in his pool to cool off.

Scraping the concrete clean in prep for tile.

Shop vaccing the area. You can't see it too well in the picture, but Wyatt is definitely vacuuming. Did I mention that he. loves. vacuums? Strange child.

"Grouting" the ottoman.


And "grouting" the actual floor.

Seeing the tile go in gave me a little glimpse of what the family room will look like without the awful blue carpet, now complete with the green paint stain. Tonight, tear out and it goes away!! Lord willing, I'll have pictures of NEW carpet tomorrow. YAY!

1 comment:

shaunjoy said...

Elena has always been obsessed with vacuums too. Anytime I get it out I have to let her use it first. Kinda handy -- she does a good job already in a small area like the entry or the bathroom. Think it'll last through the teen years???