Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Sink Completed

So I'm making up for last week's many blog posts by being late with this one. This feels like it's been a crazy week. Today is the first day I'm home with only one evening thing planned. I'm supposed to be cleaning right now during Wyatt's nap, but I'm working up the energy. My sweet, wonderful mom is dropping off a skim, half caff iced vanilla latte on her way to an appointment in a little over an hour. Can't. Wait.

So, the sink. Did I mention that it's not Randy's favorite chore, but that he's AWESOME. Here are a few pics to tell the story. Unfortunately, I don't have one to demostrate the day's drama.

Wyatt was actually a really good helper. He sat and played with only the tools Randy gave him for a long time. As in, I actually got some other things done while my boys were plumbing. Impressive!

Oops, didn't realize Wyatt's eyes were closed on this one, but aren't they cute?!?

This part was my not-so-favorite part of the project. Circular saws send fine dust EVERYWHERE in my kitchen. Cleaned up more of it this morning.
Wyatt helped clean up some of the mess. Oh, and of course he loved the shop vac. You never saw a kid get SO excited about vacuum cleaners. Strange child.

Sometime between that picture and the next we had to reinstall the garbage disposal. It's heavy, so Randy was supporting it while I tried to get all the hooks in place. It slipped. And landed directly on Randy's left cheekbone. Ouch! In less than a minute he had a knot the size of golf ball on his face. The rest of the sink installation found me holding ice on his cheek while he finished up. Did I mention that he's wonderful? By today all the swelling is down, but it's a great yellow green color.


And here it is! My lovely new sink! I actually feel like I can wash more than two dishes at a time, and I no longer have a reason to chant "I hate this sink. I hate this sink!"


And one final pic - the old yucky sink where it belongs...on the way to the trash can!


No comments: