Goodness, I'm getting bad at this. In my defense, blogger has not been letting me post for some reason for the last couple of days.
Last week Wyatt had his two month appointment and shots...oh did he scream but not for long. Poor boy. He was 12 lbs even and 23 1/2" long. And he's
sleeping! Thankfully, so in Mom - yay! Two weeks ago he started extending his night and his feeding times. He dropped the 1:30 feeding, and kept his 4:30 feeding for awhile. Then this last night he went almost 8 hours between feedings and slept until 5:30. He didn't even wake up and cry for his binki last night. It was glorious! Especially since the night before he woke up every hour starting at 1:00. Mommy definitely needed sleep last night!
He keeps developing so fast. He's grabbing the rings on his play gym and rolling over onto his side. And he smiles and laughs at us constantly. He's so much fun!

I need to get back to taking pictures. This is the best I have of him in the last two weeks. Pathetic.
Wyatt's 4th of July was rather boring for him. We watched our neighbor's fireworks from the patio, and he slept through them all. But Mommy and Daddy were just too tired to venture out.
Four years ago when Randy bought the house we painted almost every room over the 4th of July weekend. This year we decided to repaint the living room. It was Martini Olive Green...

But the room faces north and the green just made it dark during the day. We were ready for something lighter, so we decided on a creamy yellow...or so we thought. I wish I could capture in pictures how
primary light yellow Carolina Inn Lobby Yellow looked...especially with the red kitchen. I didn't say much at first because it was such a change from the green. All I could think was "I hope it dries darker." By that evening, it was obvious that I not convinced. It didn't grow on me like we hoped...it only got worse. Especially when I realized that I had failed to hold the paint chip up to the curtains. We were going to have to change a lot of accessories to make the daycare yellow work. Thankfully, my husband was sweet and ran to Home Depot first thing Saturday morning for a gallon of Baked Scone. Ahhhh....so much better! We also painted the rest of the trim that we quit painting four years ago.

I love our living room now. It's light and bright, and the white trim looks finished and new (well, as new as 50 year old trim can look).
5 comments:
I haven't commented for a while (sorry!) but just wanted to say that your boy is such a cutie! :) Yay for sleeping at night!
The living room looks nice -- isn't it so frustrating how colors never look the same on the walls as they do on the little paint chip in the store????
Wyatt looks great! I can't believe how big he's getting. Your living room looks nice - but Travis and I were just talking the other day about how much we liked the green in your living room! ha! Glad to hear you are doing well. Holly
You should paint it back to the green color!! Green looks much better!
I like the baked scone. I agree that it was probably a lot better than primary yellow... :)
Keep posting pics of Wyatt! I want to see more of the little guy--so cute!
Hope you're having a great week!
Hey - although I'm a massive GREEN fan, I am more of a fan of a bright room - good work! Looks great and clean! :-)
And I'm with Bonnie - more pics please. I know you've got them! He's your first! Hehe.
Post a Comment