1. Happy First Father's Day, Randy & Wyatt!
2. Wyatt learned a new trick last week at 7 1/2 weeks. It's kind of hard to tell in the picture, but he's pushing himself off the floor during tummy time now. That's my big strong boy! (How big? We'll find out at his 2 month appointment on Monday. Two weeks ago he was about 11 lbs!)
3. Last weekend we went up to Kansas City to help Brian and Jennifer finish their deck. Well, the boys helped finish the deck. Randy built some really comfy benches, and the girls went garage saling and sewed throw pillows for the benches.
Grammie and Wyatt scouted some sweet deals for us. We found a bike trailer - the number one hunt for the summer - and a play gym for Wyatt that he's been enjoying. It makes fun nature sounds and has some mesmerizing lights on it. We also found a bunch of 3-6 month clothes, which is good because Wyatt would have been practically naked in a couple months if we hadn't.
4. MMMMmmm...cake! It's been awhile since I've showcased one of Randy's yummy creations, but this one was too pretty and yummy to pass up! The chocolate cake had a marshmallow creme filling and chocolate drizzled over the top. It was like one big mud pie cookie! SO good!
5. Diapers, diapers...I don't know if I've mentioned this before but we're cloth diapering. Not because it's "green" but because it's MUCH easier on our budget! And we're not doing the pre-folds and covers, we're going as close to disposables as possible with BumGenius one size fits all dipes. I've found there's a whole language and culture out there for cloth diapering; I'm not that hard core. But it is working really well. We have 26 dipes, and right now I do laundry every other day. It's really not that bad, but I'm ordering at least 4 more soon. I'm dealing with a little dipe stink right now, but I think that's a detergent issue, so I'm getting ready to experiment.
1 comment:
Hey Dana! I love to read your blog updates! Wyatt is so cute and seems like he is getting bigger already! Take care and happy 4th! :)
Post a Comment