I've never been one to reply to surveys I get online or in the mail. But about six months ago we received a very short simple survey from Nielson TV Ratings. When I opened the envelope out fluttered two crisp dollar bills. For two dollars, why not? A few months ago we received another survey, this one slightly longer but still short and simple. This time they sent us $6. That's two cups of coffee or an ice cream date with my hubby. Once again, we filled it out and sent it back. Monday we received another envelope from the Nielsons. This time they paid for a full date (maybe two because we always split at restaurants)! Thirty dollars and in return they asked us to keep a TV diary for a week. They make it simple and considering how much TV we watch, this is an easy task. We started today, and I think it's going to be an interesting exercise. We probably watch a whole lot more than we think.
So...if the Nielsons ever send you mail, it's worth it to respond!
****************************
Wyatt's also been discovering some new toys today.

This mirror belongs on the living room wall, but I need to touch up the paint and fix the frame a bit before it goes back up. This week Wyatt has been discovering mirrors and thinks they're awfully fun!

We've also been trying out the Bumbo. I have to admit, he's not really holding his head up
that well without help, but he's getting close! He had fun this morning reach for his keys and banging on the table. It's much easier to pick things up when you're sitting up rather than lying down all the time.
2 comments:
I have never even heard of those studies - if they have a "referal" blank - sign us up!! Seriously - that's some good stuff there. Just THINK of all the Starbucks... :-)
LOVE the shot of him in the mirror - precious. He CAN'T be old enough for that Bumbo....your kid is gonna make mine feel like a weinie....the other two didn't hold their head up until a year....okay, maybe not THAT long... :-)
Thanks for the pics - you're such an obedient little blog owner. :-)
Awesome! You're a Nielson's family! :P
Great pics of Wyatt! I love when kids start to identify themselves in mirrors...my nephew loves to look in mirrors.
Post a Comment