Monday, March 2, 2009

Welcome to the world - part 2

My dear friend Sondra lives in Ohio. Before that we actually lived in the same state for 22 months after I moved from Minnesota. Before that we were pen pals growing up (yes, actual pen and paper pals) and then we emailed. Our parents forced us to meet at a church conference when we were six or seven. Good job, parents!

At least once a year I'd come to visit family and get to spend precious time with Sondra. We always seemed to pick up where we left off as though we've lived next door our entire lives but better in some ways (except that we rarely saw each other face to face). We stood up for each other in our weddings 6 weeks apart in 2006.

In November we took back to back preggo pics at Sondra's baby shower. And last Friday she gave birth to son just over 8 weeks before my due date. Luke Thomas is adorable and healthy! Congratulations Chad and Sondra! We hope you make it back to the Midwest soon so our little guys can meet and play together. The third generation of good friends. Oh, and I'm hoping peer pressure will start working early...7 lbs. 10 oz. is a good size. Did you hear that, IB?

1 comment:

Chad and Sondra said...

This is so sweet, Dana! I love walking through life with you (even many miles away)!