Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Ancient Word Wednesday

I was going to move on from Hannah this week, and I am...sort of. Yesterday morning I had one of those moments when the Holy Spirit brought to mind some past thoughts and corrected my thinking about God and Who He is.

One of the things I've had to work through the most in my study of Hannah is how she could joyfully leave her son at the temple, this son she had prayed for and longed for only to leave. Then yesterday as I was getting ready for work I heard a song on the radio. As the first verse played, it hit me - She gave her son because God is completely WORTHY of such a precious gift!

It's easy to think, "God is worthy of me committing my life to Him," or my time or my possessions. But my child? YES! The Sovereign God who gave His Son as a ransom for my life is absolutely, completely worthy of far more than I have to give Him! I can't think of it is as my life, my time, my possessions, my child. It's all His. Hannah got that, in her head and her actions.

Oh Lord, by Your great grace, impact me with the truth of Your worthiness so that I live a Hannah-like life every moment of every day.

Alabaster Jar, CFN Praise Band

This alabaster jar, Is all I have of worth, I break it at Your feet, Lord, It's less than You deserve
You're far more beautiful, More precious than the oil, The sum of my desires, And the fullness of my joy, Like you spilled Your blood, I spill my heart as an offering to my King.

Here I am, take me, As an offering, Here I am, giving every heartbeat,For Your glory take me

The time that I have left, Is all I have of worth, I lay it at Your feet, Lord,

It's less than You deserve, And though I've little strength, And though my days are few,You

gave Your life for me, So, I will live my life for You, Like You spilled Your blood,I spill my heart as an offering to my King



Worthy, worthy, You are worthy

Worthy is the Lord

No comments: