
Two Saturdays ago (I
know, I'm a slacker!) some dear friends from our couples small group at church through me a shower. This party planning team has had plenty of practice in the past year. By August this group will have thrown seven showers in less than 18 months. We're so blessed to have such wonderful friends going through this time of life together! And special thanks to Monique who hosted the shower in her family room. This room has plenty of special memories for us. It's the place Randy and I met and the place we've spent many Thursday nights with the small group.
We were blessed with so many fun things for IB. He got lots of books, which I'm so excited to read to him. Books and blankies and cute outfits and a bumbo and bath toys and the list went on. Thanks to all who celebrated with us!

And I got one of Monique's specialty cakes. She does great ones for her three little ones, and I felt blessed to get a great farm cake!

A pic with Grandma (Yoder on the left) and Grammie (Regehr on the right).

Margie cooked up some good fun and games, including one where everyone had to guess how big around I am by tying a knot in a string (yes, Margie did okay this with me first!). The really funny part is that the four foot strings were about two inches from being too short! It's a good thing we didn't wait a week or two to play this game. My mom was the big winner, and we had a couple of comedians who tied two strings together to show "how I must feel and not how I look." LOL.

Just a peek at how IB might look in a few years! This was Grammie's box of goodies. IB now has a couple of wonderful farm blankies and lots of big bibs along with some books and toys.

And this was Grandma's hard work for the past few months. Her gift to all the first grandchildren in each family is to make the entire nursery set. I must say this is by far the most complicated one she's done...good thing there are only three of us kids! We found a great idea for the nursery at Babies R Us and put our own twist on it. For example, our template had a
blue cow. According to Randy, cows are
not blue. Ours is a holstein, I believe (yeah, not a farm girl). Our template also had tractor pulling a trailer full of hay. Ours has a unimog (the big red truck). A unimog is a German-made military type vehicle that has the ability to climb big rocks. (If my hubby ever has an extra $60,000, I know what he's buying.) Randy found a picture of one online and helped us trace it out, so IB's farm has a big truck...no tractors here!
This was such a fun project from the beginning. Randy and I found the example we liked. Then Grandma and Grammie and I spent a Saturday finding all sorts of fun fabric. I sketched out each picture block and then Mom transferred them to fabric and did an amazing job sewing it all together! She also made a bumper with each picture repeated on it, along with sheets, two diaper changing covers, and a crib skirt. I made a valance to match. Pictures of the completed nursery coming soon.
3 comments:
Yay! What cute pics! :) And you're right...we have been getting plenty of baby shower practice in. I'm passing the tub o'fun off to another gal after Jodi's shower in April. I don't think I'll need to be decorating for the next one! :)
Hey Dana - it looks like your shower went well. You are so blessed to have such great friends! Your Mom is SO talented and IB is lucky to get such a special gift! It's adorable. Wishing you the best...let me know how you are doing and when IB arrives. We're so excited for you and Randy. Miss ya! Holly
Yay for shower pics!! The cake is ADORABLE....and good thing you posted that because I was going to get you that barn! LOL.
The crib quilt....SO cute! I love it! I can't believe your mom does all that. Can't wait to see the finished nursery now. :-)
Post a Comment