Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Ready to Welcome Him Home...

You asked...and I'm finally answering. This weekend's snowstorm was very good for finishing IB's room. Here's his crib complete with Grandma's farm bumper and quilt!

And here's his dresser. I know you've already seen it, but this weekend we switched out the handles with a fun find at an antique store...old outdoor faucet handles! Randy rigged them up to work as perfect handles!

I was planning on painting a few pictures for his room, but I honestly didn't think it was going to happen until after he came. These paintings are Snow Day Project 1 and 2. I finished Projects 3 and 4 too, but those pictures will come soon. The sheep is the same one on the quilt and bumper. And yes, you can all laugh at the Meal Times schedule...I know I will in a couple weeks!

And this is our prayer for IB...that he would really know who God is and know Him personally to serve Him faithfully. The unimog (truck) is also repeated from the quilt and bumper.

There are a few things left to do. I need to finish his lamp shade and once he's born and we know for sure what his name is, I'll paint the letters and hang them on the wall.

***********************

Yesterday we had our 36 week appointment. IB is making progress...only a little, but he's making some. I'm dilated 1 1/2 cm, so the process is started! YAY!

6 comments:

shaunjoy said...

I love the new dresser handles -- very creative! The menu and meal times look just about right too. : )

Lindsay said...

Okay - I've gotta admit - seeing that crib again made me kind of sad. Why? Because I'm hormonal, that's why! It's just so darn cute - ALL of it. You did a great job. I LOVE the paintings. I've been thinking of something special to do for #3 since well, this is #3 and I think maybe I could do something like that. Maybe. I could have the kids help. Just something JUST for this baby would be cool. Thanks for the idea. Can't wait to see what else you did this weekend. Geesh!

Danika said...

I love it Dana! I'm so excited for you. I will continue to pray that prayer from I Chron. for your sweet little boy.

Anonymous said...

The nursery is so CUTE! You guys did a great job. I, too, love the handles on the dresser - what a great idea! Sounds like your appt. went well - keep me updated. Holly

his.kid.care said...

Dana-long time since we've been in touch friend! You are gonna love "IB" which by the way cracks me up =) Cute room, you and your mom outdid yourselves like usual. BTW-tell your mom a couple months ago a friend and I were messing around and I put my wedding dress on...yeah, it didn't exactly zip easily but it was fun remembering and retelling about it all the same! Shoot me an email with your phone number-I'll call and we can catch up. love you, Carolyn

Chad and Sondra said...

I'm having nursery envy! :) It is so cute and you guys did an awesome job! Just a few more weeks until your little guy gets to hang out in there!