
It. is still. snowing. It hasn't stopped snowing since 11 AM yesterday. We have 18" of snow in our town, and we may get another 5-8" today. So much for the 6-10" they predicted! I've never seen that much here before (not in a whole winter's worth of snow!), and Randy can't remember a blizzard like this here. There's a town west of us that has gotten 28"! Thankfully, it's just been snow and sleet though. Not far east of us, they're getting a lot of freezing rain, which means they'll be in for plenty of power outages.
****************************

Yep, we were the adventuresome ones who left our house today around 9:30. Us and a few other big trucks testing out their snow strength. I don't have pictures of it, but we did get stuck...in the Hastings parking lot. Hastings was open, of all things! We got four movies just in case we're inside all day tomorrow, too, and then headed straight home. What a mess!

The sun came out this afternoon and the temperature is 38 degrees and really windy. The melting has started already. But with this much snow, it's going to take a few days! In case you can't tell, that's the bench, table, and Adirondack chair on our back patio. Snowman anyone?
Normally, I'd love to be out playing in this at least for a little while. Today? Let's just say that if I fell down I don't think I'd get back up and that just sounds like way too much energy to waste!
1 comment:
That most definitely doesn't look like Kansas to me! Hope you were able to hole up for several days and enjoy all those movies. :)
Post a Comment