Sunday, March 8, 2009

Gifts from Across the World

My dear friend and college roommate Danika is a missionary on the other side of the world. She has been in the States for about 2 years completing her masters. Last weekend she arrived back in the country she so dearly loves, and Monday we received a package in the mail. She knitted/crocheted IB an adorable blanket - Noah's Ark complete with a giraffe, an elephant, a fish, a turtle and a bird. The time she spent on it is a blessing, but even more precious are the prayers she poured out for IB while she worked. I'm overwhelmed by the many prayers of dear people like Danika. We're going to need them and so is IB!


But I love this blanket for another reason. When IB is old enough, he'll learn about this amazing woman who made this blanket for him. Of how she left her family and her comforts to go live in a very difficult place so that she could share Jesus' love with the people of that country. Of how God has blessed her work and how people have come to know the love of Christ and His saving power because she was willing to be used. Our prayers are with you, Danika!

2 comments:

Danika said...

Dana, this is the sweetest post! It brought tears to my eyes. I am so sad I have to be so far away on the birth of your first little one, but I'm so happy I can pray for you. I look forward to photos. I'm so glad the package made it there, and I was able to get it done before I left. I love you so much!

Erin Bennett said...

CUTE!!!