Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Quote of the Day

This morning a co-worker walked into my office a few minutes before 10 to see me with a plate of steaming rice and stir-fry vegetables - my hearty mid-morning snack. He's a man who chooses his words carefully and is meticulous in his grammar. After asking a question, he waited patiently while I looked up the answer (I record everything; baby brain is more like bird brain these days).

Then he asks, "Do you find it difficult to get enough to eat?" What could I do but laugh? It's absolutely true...especially in the mornings. I hope I responded appropriately to his question.

Later in the afternoon we were on a conference call with someone I know quite well. Toward the end of the conversation she asked how I was feeling. He paused long enough to let me reply before responding with, "She eats all the time!" What can I say? I have a growing boy!!

Pair his comments with the number of people who recently have told me they can literally see my belly grow (I can literally see my belly grow!) and you have a winning combination for feeling, well, prego...only 112 days left to grow.

***************************

In case you wanted to see the inspirational brown and pink paisley tote my creative sis-in-law made, take a trip over to her site. She has an awesome blog to follow...daily. Seriously, she's really good.

2 comments:

shaunjoy said...

I'm sure you're getting lots of baby name suggestions from everyone. Not to be left out, I'd like to throw a handy tool into the mix -- pretend every 'word verification' word is a possible name. Trust me, you'll never leave comments again without grinning foolishly! (my last one was ratoras and this one is shrog -- both great boy names!)

Lindsay said...

ahhhhhh shucks. You're so sweet.

As far as the growing belly - I can't wait until I hear you have to grab onto something in order so get up - ahhh, those are the days. :-) You better take a video of it with your camera - I'd love to see a blog about that. I'm sure I'll do it. What the heck - this is (most likely) the last baby - why not remember all those "fun" things?!

Did you make your bag?? Adorable.