Monday, January 5, 2009

Mallows + Chocolate

I was hanging out over at Joy's blog and was impressed by her coupon clipping (yay for coupons!) and her Christmas food. Granola is a great idea for neighbor gift!

My neighbor gift was bread. I took a Saturday and baked about 10 loaves of quick bread - pumpkin zucchini, pear walnut (actually a coffee cake that works well as bread), and apple banana (thank you, Nanci!) . Most of those went to our Sunday school class for our treat day. A few of those were given as gifts.

I also had some fun making mallow pops. Super easy and fun to dip. Cut wooden bbq skewers in half and stick the pointy end in a large marshmallow. Dip the mallow most of the way in melted choco chips and sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Add a packet of cocoa and mallow pop to a cello bag, tie with ribbon, and you have a fun treat to share.

Anyone else have fun home made gifts to share?

1 comment:

shaunjoy said...

Bread is a great idea for gifts -- I'll have to add that to my list for next year! (And I think Shaun would like for me to try out the choco-mallows.) :)