Friday, October 3, 2008

The Honey-do Project

Whenever I travel for work or anything else, Randy always does a project. He volunteers, and I am often surprise. Twice I've come home to chopped trees. Once there was a new tree. Several times I've come back to new windows. This Sunday I'm flying to Orlando for a huge aviation tradeshow, and tonight we started Randy's project.
This was my kitchen.

This is the start of the demolition.

Right now, all the sheetrock on that wall is torn out along with the 1970's plastic white backsplash. Thankfully, this time it's just one wall and not the entire room like the bathroom remodel project last fall. Randy just asked if I wondered sometimes at the beginning of these projects if we realize what we're getting into. The answer is yes, although it's a sympathetic yes since I'll miss out on this project until late Wednesday night. He's the BEST!

I'll post pics toward the end of next week to show you what will be. Pictures won't do it justice. The change will be lovely.

3 comments:

Chad and Sondra said...

Can't wait to see the finished project!

Lindsay said...

I'd say be thankful you're not there! Oh wait, be thankful the kitchen remodel is before kids too.....cuz once you have kids, you will LIVE in your kitchen. I do anyway. :-) Can't wait to see the after pics!

Bonnie said...

have a great trip! good luck to Randy--I'm sure it will look awesome!