Monday, September 29, 2008

Growing Clothes?

Friday morning (remember the time of day for later) I needed to iron a skirt for work. Running a few minutes ahead of time (shock!), I quickly grabbed the ironing board and set it up in the spare room (obviously, I don't iron that much), plugged in the iron and set to work. As I set the iron on the cotton/steam setting, I realized that the iron was out of steam water, so I grabbed the jug of distilled water out of the closet and filled it up. Then I quickly ironed my skirt. After work I ironed a pair of long shorts for a casual rehearsal dinner that evening.

Sunday afternoon I finally cleaned up that room, putting the ironing board and iron away in the very messy closet that makes me wince every time I open the door. For some reason I felt like cleaning it up Sunday. So I start to pull things out for the trash pile and the Goodwill pile. I made it to a jug of fertilizer water for my African violet, pulled it out and watered the plant. It was then that I realized I had filled the iron with blue fertilizer water. Thankfully, it didn't turn my clothes blue and the iron was no worse for the wear. A few minutes later I came upon the jug of real distilled water. Now that I can see it on the floor of the closet, maybe I won't make that same mistake!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Um. I was going to leave a comment. But I'll wait. I forgot...