Saturday, October 18, 2008

My Husband, the SuperHero

You know those home improvement projects that look so simple, but lying underneath are a nasty mountain of issues and suddenly the project is a MUCH bigger pain. So started our Saturday. Really, Randy's Saturday.

Today we replaced the LAST two windows on our house, closing out a 3 year project of 2-4 windows per year. The final two windows were the living room windows. We decided to leave the big plate glass in the middle because replacing that didn't come close to fitting the budget, so we special ordered the two on the sides. We knew that the sill was pretty rotten. We painted trim last year and the first hail storm we got this year left a mountain of paint chips on our landscaping. But Randy figured that wood filler would do the trick and keep him from replacing the entire long sill. That is, until he started chipping away at some of it this morning.













The previous owners had already taken his trick, actually putting loose pieces of wood and styrofoam in with the wood filler. Following came a trip to HD for wood, cutting a new sill, priming, painting, and finally new windows.

This was a little earlier in the day. As of right now, all the windows are in place and the clean up has begun!

I know this was not at all was my superhero husband had in mind today. We talked about replacing the sill last night, and he was definitely NOT for that. But he did a great job with a positive attitude!




____________________________

Follow up on the Pants...BIG fan. They're like PJs...even after lunch!


1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I agree with Lindsay that you need to take belly pics! Especially when you start to really show--I wanna see!

The new place is good--temporarily (2-6 months tops). I think we already have a church (awesome place--new friends already)! I'll tell you more later... love you D!