I texted my husband (who just started the second week in his new position and has far more important things to hear about than his wife's gray hairs) as soon as I found it. He's been giving me a bit of a hard time about my upcoming milestone (funny since he has five years on me), so I wasn't sure what his response would be.
While I'm sure there was a chuckle when he read it, his response personified Proverbs 25:11 - "A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver." His response? "I'm 'going' bald!"
Suddenly it was all okay.
Bring on 30!
5 comments:
My deepest condolences. Love Randy's response though. :) Shaun has always said that we're racing to see what happens first: him going bald or me being completely gray. Unfortunately I think I'm waaaay in the lead. :(
HA! :) I don't believe it, Dana, so you'll have to show me over coffee. Gotta love hubbies.
Confession time - I found my first one right after my recent birthday...there it was, sticking up all wiry and gray! I can so sympathize with ya!
Glad I'm not in the gray-haired club yet! I'm sure it'll come after #4. Or perhaps if stuff keeps breaking around here.... ;-)
ha ha!
Okay...
#1. Your first gray hair?! Girl, I've had gray hairs since I was about 20.
#2. 30 is a GREAT milestone. One of my professors in grad school says that a woman is most beautiful in her thirties. Her explanation is that we have our youth and beauty and figures but we also have figured out who we are and are beginning to live it out.
Post a Comment