Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 3 - Balboa Park

I think Balboa Park happened on Day 3. Who is the silly preggo woman who didn't journal all this before?

Well, one day when we were in San Diego we headed to Balboa Park, which has the cactus garden of my hubby's dreams...really and truly.


We have half a million photos of really beautiful cacti and succulents...someday I'm going to have to come up with something crafty to do with them. Especially since we've become really poor plant parents since we became Wyatt's parents.

You have to look really closely, but there's a heart and an arrow scratched into the paddle cactus over our heads. I think my BIL got a better shot on his phone, and I can't wait to get that one printed and framed.


Wyatt had a balloon attached to his stroller most of the time and it actually made it through all of the cactus.


He also got to climb around in a big tree. I think we enjoyed that more than he did.




Wyatt thought the fountain was really cool. This is his bend over and shriek with excitement pose.



We stopped off the Hotel del Coronado really quickly and ran down on the sand (which felt silk) and took some pics. We also walked through the public part of the hotel and picked up some playing cards with Marilyn Monroe posing on the beach in front of the hotel (we collect cards as souveneirs). The place is gorgeous and made me really miss the TCM channel...the one channel I really miss since canceling cable.

And last but definitely not least, we picked up dessert and brought it home. Since cupcakes are all the rage, we tried a place in downtown San Diego - Babycakes. Yum. I had to try the Chocolate Shorty in honor, of course, of our little Shorty.

It did not disappoint.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dana - You look so great!! And your cupcake looked pretty tasty as well!
Holly

shaunjoy said...

Your trip sounds really fun and interesting. Thanks for including the baby bump pic -- you're looking great!

shaunjoy said...

Mom said she got to see you and your family this week -- I'm a bit jealous of both of you!!