
1) The Works Toilet Bowl Cleaner - I had been using Lysol, but remembered that my mom used to use the powdered stuff. So I sent hubby to the store (yes, he shops. I'm spoiled.) to find the cheapest toilet bowl cleaner he could find. He brought home The Works. I have no idea how much he saved. I do know that after three uses I have blue stains in my white toilet. Errrggg. So contrary to my instinct (or principles my dad drilled into my head), I refuse to use the rest of this bottle. I sent hubby back to the store to go back to faithful Lysol with bleach. Victory: after only one use the blue stains are faded AND I had a coupon!
2) Walmart American Cheese - We discovered a while ago that Walmart brand
shredded cheese is no good. We buy Kroger brand cheese for the most part. Pregnancy has brought on a love for gooey, melty grilled cheese sandwiches with good old American cheese. Hubby bought Kraft one time. So. Good. Cheap wife was the one who picked up the store brand cheese. It's like rubber. And it does not melt. It does not "compare with Kraft." Next time I'm trying Kroger.3) Heavy duty shower curtain from Walmart - Last time I bought a shower curtain, I got the $10 heavy duty version at Target. It lasted about 2 1/2 years with suction cups that kept hot water in and cold winter air out. About a month ago I headed out to find a replacement. We happened to be a Walmart, so I thought I'd see what they have. Heavy duty shower curtains, with suction cups, for $5. What a deal! If only those suction cups would work! They're useless. And I long for summer when cool air coming in my shower is welcome.
I'm still looking for bargain products...that work. So, if you have any favorites, leave me a comment!
1 comment:
If you're using disposable diapers, I'm a big fan of any store brand! Target, Sam's Club, etc. Work just as well, in my opinion, and MUCH cheaper than the fancy ones. But I think we're trying cloth this time around. Even cheaper AND eco-friendly! :)
Post a Comment