Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Welcome to the world!

No, not ours! Ours is safely tucked inside for 10 or so more weeks. Tonight we got to meet Baby Elijah James, brand new, one-day old son of our good friends Brian and Kirsten. He's a healthy 8 lb. 15 oz. and 21 in. and two weeks early...and completely adorable! Three babies have been born in our small group since I got pregnant. Lacey Jane before we knew Itty Bitty was on his way, Asher in October and now Elijah. It's fun to see Randy with each of them as we get closer and closer to our day. He's going to be an awesome dad!

Ten weeks from today IB will be full term. My mom had all of us 2-3 weeks early and at 6-7 lbs, and Randy's mom had all of hers (at least Ryan and Randy) 2 weeks late and 8 1/2 lbs. I'm thinking IB either will balance out and come on time or chart his own course. I'm all for him being a Yoder - small and early (I think that was the end of the Yoders being early!).

No comments: