Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Project Update

Here's the kitchen project update. This wall has been sheetrocked twice now. My husband is usually VERY good at doing things once and right, but we forgot to check if we needed 1/2" or 5/8" sheetrock and got the wrong width. A few screws had been shot in it before he realized the issue. But here it is mudded, taped, and primered with one coat of red painted. He's a dear. He really disliked painting red and wasn't sure how he got roped into it again. And no, he did not forgot a section. The gray section will be painted white and the microwave cabinet will go in front of it. There's no back on that cabinet, and we wanted to see white behind the microwave instead of red.

Here's a painting hint for going red. The first time we painted the kitchen we used pepto bismol pink primer because that was as dark as the paint store could tint it. That was supposed to be easier to cover than white. FIVE coats later, we were entirely annoyed. It looks like gray primer will definitely be a better option.

And how was Orlando you ask? If I NEVER go back to Orlando again I WILL NOT cry. More on that some other day.

___________________

Did I mention that it was 42 degrees at 7:30 this morning, and that our house is still about 65 degrees? I pulled out my fleece pants and fleecy warm socks! It's not summer anymore! Randy just pulled down the rubbermaid of winter clothes that holds his fleece pants!

So, considering the season, I redecorated!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Lookin' good! And sorry, I guesss I could have helped you out on that grey primer deal...I've done several red walls myself and grey IS best. LOL. Live and learn I guess.

Can't wait to see it all done...and I'm impressed that you guys thought of what BEHIND your microwave will look like.

shaunjoy said...

I think the tradition of doing a project every time you have a work trip is a fabulous idea! :) Your new header is looking great too (I love fall!).