This summer a wonderful woman gave me permission to write crafting time into my schedule. I think I felt a little guilty taking the time away from work and housework and the dozen other things on my to do list. So now Fridays during Wyatt's nap time I sew or paint or do something crafty but mostly I sew.
Today I actually finished the project I started in one naptime. We're headed out on vacation in two weeks, and I wanted a bag for Wyatt's cars. There's nothing like searching all over a big diaper bag for 15 cars while in a confined airplane seat. I had some leftover Cars fabric and thought this would be a good chance to practice putting in a zipper.
I made it through my first zipper with zero calls to my mom. Pretty proud of that. I just learn it better when I do it on my own the first time. I am going to sit down with her to find out how I could have done it better and easier than my book said. It didn't go too badly though.
The W is orange felt, and I didn't fuse it to the brown felt square before I started stitching, so it's a little lopsided. Lesson learned.
I think we can fit 12-15 small cars in this bag, and hopefully we won't lose any while we're gone...at least the important ones.
I did finish a couple little friends I started last Friday (it was a very good nap day :-) ), but they're gifts so you'll have to wait to see those.
It was a good nap day because a little blond boy woke up at 4:30 this morning and never really went back to sleep. So it's also an early night for Mom and Dad. An early night with a serious prayer that the blond boy sleeps till a sane hour tomorrow morning!


1 comment:
Yay for crafting Friday! :) Your talents and creativity continue to amaze me, D.
Poor blonde little boy! I hope he takes a great nap for you today and gets a restful night's sleep (and not up at 4:30 a.m. on a Sunday tomorrow!). Maybe it's God's way of already preparing you for Baby Boy #2 and his early feeding times?! We sure do get spoiled once our little loves sleep through the night, huh?! :)
Post a Comment