God has been blessing us with vehicles recently. You remember the story of the Tacoma that we never thought we'd get. Well, a month later He provided the Camry we didn't think we'd get. Randy says we are now like the rest of the world - two Toyotas and a pick up that's not lifted. That second part is a little sad to me. Here are our new wheels - they go with whoever has the boy.
And of course, there's a story to go along with it.
I don't like car shopping. It seems like a ridiculous investment on something that is only going to decrease in value. But it's also necessary and we were prepared for it. Last Wednesday evening we decided to bite the bullet and go test drive some cars. I took Wyatt over to Grandma's for what I thought was going to be an hour or so. Their street was being overlayed with new asphalt, so I parked a block away, gathered Wyatt, the bags, and his dinner and, fully loaded, started down the block. Wyatt couldn't take his eyes off the steamroller and the big trucks, so we weren't paying a bit of attention to the sidewalk. Plus, my feet aren't as easy to see as they once were. Less than half a block away from Mom's house, my flip flop found a rather large crack, and we all went flying. Thankfully, my wrist and elbow got the worst of it, and the bruise on Wyatt's cheek didn't last long. Poor boy was scared spitless and screaming. I gathered him up and cuddled him a minute, then gathered everything else and took off for Mom's. Special thanks to all the construction workers who completely ignored the falling pregnant lady and the screaming toddler.
I had worked most of the day and was tired, so of course by the time we got to Grandma's door, both of us were in full tears. Wyatt's didn't last long...there was a steamroller outside.
I called Aunt Janell (I love having nurses in the family) and she said I better go in and get monitored, especially since I had no idea if I landed on my belly. So Randy and I spent 4 hours in labor and delivery that evening. Shorty is perfectly fine thanks to his soft water bed and God's protection.
Needless to say, no car that night. Saturday evening we decided to try again. Wyatt went to Grammie's this time and we headed to the car lot before dinner. Randy had his eye on a car or two at the car lot next to his office, which is owned by people who go to our church. As we pulled in, we saw a car we hadn't seen before. It turns out that it was the car Kathy had been driving. That day they left for San Antonio, and she left the car at the lot. And that night we left with it. A newer car than we expected with the amount of miles we wanted at the price we planned to pay.
I didn't think about about it till we told Randy's parents about it when we picked up Wyatt, but had I not fallen on Wednesday, we wouldn't have seen that car.
God has His perfect purpose in all things.
On another note, I'm rather impatiently waiting for this to show up at my door and hoping that it will turn out to be my living room curtains!

1 comment:
Yay yay for new cars - hopefully you won't have to worry about making that kind of purchase for a LOOONNNNGGGGG time now!! And was it Kathy R's?! Pretty neat.
...btw....thanks for updating :-)
Post a Comment