Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day or Labor Day?

Yesterday we played. We had two dear dear families over for dinner - one whom we haven't seen in five months (and it's sadly going to be even longer this time!) and one whom (thankfully) we still see multiple times a week.

Today we worked. Okay, Randy worked. I played (three projects complete!)

Before:








After:

Yes, this is the "after" until June 9th when new warm gas fireplace comes to its new home (professionally installed, thankfully). Then there will still be a hole in our wall until we tile the fireplace and complete the mantle and maybe a tv alcove. And when I say "we" I mean "Randy." He told me that this project ranks pretty high on the list of projects we started without knowing what we were doing. Ah, well, he'll figure it out. He always does. And he always does really well.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

A shoot - if he can build you a sewing cabinet he can surely build an alcove! Can't wait to see the after pic!