March seems to be a month of anticipation for us.
4 years ago we were counting down the days till our wedding. Four to go. Our rehearsal dinner was on St. Paddy's Day, so even though neither of us have a drop of the Irish in us, we looked the part. Sort of.
One year ago, we were counting down the days till Wyatt's arrival. Just about six weeks left. His room was ready, and every Saturday in April we went out on dates...just in case it was our last with no kiddos.
This year we are anticipating what God has in mind for our next home. Well, right now we're anticipating Him selling our house. The last week has been full of painting, staging, and cleaning, cleaning, cleaning.
Right now we're one and a half hours into our first open house. We've had three people stop by plus our neighbors from across the street. We would love this to be our only open house, but I know that things don't generally happen that fast. I'm praying that the Lord will help us keep perspective. We've never bought and sold at the same time, and I'll be honest, I don't like it. I don't like it at all. But I know that God is sovereign, He knows the plan, and He has it all taken care of. Now, if only I would live like that. So many times this week I've thought, "Lord! Please sell our house fast. No wait. Please keep my heart submissive. Really. But can You also sell our house fast?" Because really, I just want to skip over this whole process.
I am thankful, though, that we can anticipate joyfully. Because God is good. He is perfect. He is sovereign and right. So...we'll go on expecting and planning and hoping. And we'll update when we have good news!
3 comments:
Oh man sister-I needed a reminder tonight in the midst of all of our chaos of moving/changing jobs/ministries/life that if I believe God is sovereign that I need to live that way. And I DO believe it-so I need to quit all the worry and anxiety and rest in that even when it looks like chaos and so much unknown. Thanks! And I hope too for you it sells fast =) We are planning on coming through KS for sure when we finally are heading to GA from the midwest. Prob July at earliest but I will keep you posted. I miss you and how much you pushed me to grow!
People would be crazy not to buy your house! You guys have done so much work on it and it looks fabulous! It won't be long...but praying for you in the meantime! Looking forward to playdates in your future home! :)
Why are you moving?
Post a Comment