Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Door Decor

Hubby has made a few comments about my "winter" door decoration. I just hadn't gotten new inspiration since I found 3 Christmas candle rings at Hobby Lobby at 50% off. Glue them to a velvet ribbon and voila! a "wreath" inspired by Target (yeah, I know) for 1/3 of the price.


But then I saw this wreath at The Old Painted Cottage and got my inspiration for this...


I had some burlap-looking fabric in my stash, so I wrapped it around my standby grapevine wreath, mod-podged red and white fabric (made adorable kitchen curtains at my old house!) onto a piece of cereal box (works great when you need chipboard), attached it to the wreath with a mini clothespin, and added a bow. Happy Valentine's Day!

And I know...my door is white. I don't like my white door. It used to be the same dark blue as our house, so this is an improvement. I just haven't come up with anything better. Suggestions?

No comments: