Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Trip, Part III

So there might be a Part IV to this because I only have about five minutes. The day after we went to Duluth, we drove about 45 minutes northeast of the Cities to Taylors Falls. It's right on the St. Croix River which is the MN-WI border. My dear friend and college roomie Danika and I used to go hiking there. It's rocky and bluffy and absolutely beautiful.

This is how Wyatt spent his 5 month birthday. Our friends, the Cooks, loaned us Asher's hiking backpack. Wyatt did great on the 1.5 mile trip out. However, he was so tired from the day before and already low on sleep for that day, that he screamed most of the way back as we booked it through the trees. Glad we enjoyed the views on the way out! Right before we got to the parking lot, the poor guy fell asleep in Daddy's arms.



On the trail...


We ate a picnic lunch down by the river. It would have been fun to go for a canoe ride, but we settled for at least sitting Wyatt in one.

After we finished hiking, we took the scenic route down to Stillwater. We stopped at an apple orchard that had a petting zoo and a band playing. It would have been a lot of fun if Wyatt had been awake. However, after the last half of our hiking trip, there was no way we were waking him!


The Stillwater bridge is in the background. It was a beautiful day! There were tons of people playing with their dogs by the river and having picnics and browsing through Stillwater's fun Main St. shops.

Next...(I think) Part IV...Bonnie's wedding.

1 comment:

Danika said...

Lovely!
I miss those places so much. I'm glad you got a chance to enjoy them.
Missing you even more!
Danika