Saturday, November 14, 2009

Sleepless Night #1

Wyatt is a good sleeper...for the most part. His mommy and daddy started a bad habit of popping the binki in a couple times every night months ago, so we never completely sleep through the night, but usually neither of us remember getting up anyhow.


I've read that babies need to learn how to sleep without the binki by 7 months or they get even more attached to it. Since we only have two weeks left before that deadline, we figured we had better get about the business of letting him cry a bit. He slept really well without a peep until 4:00, and then we let him cry for a few minutes before popping it in for the next hour and a half. There were a lot of sounds that would be "Hey MOM! DAD!" if he could talk, and then he got really mad and screamed for a bit. Around 5:15 or so even I drifted off to sleep again. I thought he'd wake himself up for a very early breakfast. However, he ended up sleeping until 8:30...the latest he's ever slept.

So...we'll see how Night #2 and letting him cry longer goes.

**********************************************

Yesterday Wyatt and I went out to our garden and picked a bowl of lettuce from our four little plants that just keep on producing. I've never had fresh lettuce in mid-November! But I think our lettuce might be about done considering snow is in the forecast for the next couple of days.

1 comment:

MamaOnTheRun33 said...

What a precious sleeping pics of your little man! These days Mack spits out the paci or doesn't even want it when she goes to bed. Hallelujah! We'll see if this trend continues.