Today marks four years since our first date. El Potrillo Mexican restaurant and bowling. Three of the longest, most fun games of bowling...although I don't think either one of us cared about the game. I'm pretty sure Randy won. All I know is that he was a great first date! The week before on a Thursday night we left our twentysomethings Bible study at the same time. It was pouring rain outside, and we paused on the covered porch outside our associate pastor's house before making a run for it. And right before I went for it, he went for it and asked me out. Ahhh, the question I'd been waiting for. :-) We meet for our young marrieds small group at that pastor's house now, and everytime it rains when we leave that memory runs through my mind.
He picked me up at my little house on 18th Street, gift in hand. The gift? A box of the yummiest chocolate chip cookies, still warm I think. "Anyone can bring flowers," he said, "I brought cookies." Those are now referred to as "first date cookies." Thankfully, he still makes them often.
So that's how we started! And four years later we have the sweetest little baby ever!
Our good friend Tressa is a photographer and gave us the gift of a free photo session four days after Wyatt was born. Check out her site for the results - tressaweberphoto.com. Go to the featured section and click Regehr.
6 comments:
Hey Dana - I can't believe how much little Wyatt has grown! What a beautiful Mother's Day gift for you - the photos are adorable! Hope you are doing well - you look great! Holly
aw I loved your first date story!! and your new blog look is SO cute!! gotta go see your pics now...
Woo hoo for first dates! What fun memories you have at the Bergmeiers.
And I totally agree about cookies. Jack baked me some great cookies for our first Valentine's Day, and I was hooked! (too bad he hasn't made them since..hehehe!)
Had a great morning with you the other day. Hope you're doing well!
Ames
Four years! I just remember you taking (maybe dragging) him up to the hospital to see Ella...in TEN more days. He was a keeper since he did THAT! I also remember you taking him to our house and we played games on the deck....what a brave woman you were, introducing him to your BROTHER so soon! LOL!
Happy 4 year date anniversary!
Shannon and I had a first date anniversary recently and its been 13 years kinda makes me feel old.
Yay for first dates and first date stories. :)
Love you dearie.
Post a Comment