Wednesday, September 17, 2008

New Uses for My Washing Machine

So my shower liner was beginning to make my tub dirtier than it needed to be. You know how the orange soap slime drips down into the tub? Ew!! I've always hated scrubbing the shower curtain and mentioned it to Randy. He told me his smart mom just throws hers in the washer. Why didn't I think of that?

So Saturday I cleaned like a mad woman and gave it a try. In went the plastic liner with a couple of towels for scrubbing, detergent, and baking soda for good measure. One wash cycle and two rinse cycles later, out came a shiny clean liner. I'll admit, it's not quite as clean as scrubbing it myself but it's a whole lot less painful!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mom taught me that trick too. Mom's are so smart :)

Lindsay said...

You two are genius....but I really like that new plastic smell that a new liner brings! I don't know though, I may try it - you know, to save $2.33 :-)