And then I met Randy and his cakes. His cakes each have specific flavor and texture. Then he started playing with different combinations of dark chocolate and new textures of frosting and filling and ganache. Oh mercy. So I thought I should start posting pictures of his cakes. While it won't be a cake of the week (although there is almost a cake of the week), I'll try to get the best ones posted.
This latest (mostly eaten!) cake is a fluffy chocolate. The cake itself has great flavor, but combine it with the ganache and filling and it makes me melt. The thin blue layers are a light blueberry filling, a perfect compliment to the dark chocolate. On the middle layer he used his "special sauce," the perfect chocolate sauce for ice cream and now cake, too. The whole four-layer confection is topped with a light, glossy ganache that absolutely melts in your mouth! Now that's yum!
2 comments:
You're IT! :-) I know you LOVE this sort of thing, that's why I taagged you...hehe. Hop on over to my place to see your assignment, oh chosen one!
wow! that looks delicious! i haven't had cake for ages!
Post a Comment