Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sweet Thing #2

The one on the right? Not-so-sweet-thing. The one on the left? VERY sweet thing!

The one on the right makes a MESS of pureeing tomatoes and making salsa and it has no guts for mashing through garbanzo beans for hummus.

The one on the left whips through 6 cups of thick tomato sauce in no time. Cabbage for slaw? Even better. It has power, it's quiet, and clean up? Clean up is a breeze. Most food processors (or food pros for you Iron Chef America fans - yes, I'm a dork) have all these extra pieces that don't do much except make a pile of dishes that are hard to clean. You actually have to pay for a simple, easy to clean option.

So thank you, honey, for my 9-cup Kitchenaid food pro with 4 blades. It's going to get plenty of use! It is the perfect early birthday present! (Yes, this is the one time I told him it's okay to get me an appliance for a gift...other than the coffee maker he got me for a wedding gift. He said it was the best thing he could think of to help our marriage - fresh coffee for Dana in the morning. And he was right!!)

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Okay, but you better keep that little one on hand for when you start making all that home-made baby food!! I'm just sayin'.

Lindsay said...

This is so totally a one-sided relationship. I guess my blog sucks....I catch your drift - you non-commentor.

Bonnie said...

That is a cool food pro! :) I have had a year of no cooking, no baking and no food processing! I am really looking forward to living in a place with an actual kitchen!