Saturday, August 16, 2008

Weekend of Calm Chaos

This weekend seems to be a pivotal one. On the same Saturday, we scheduled the training for Reno County Backstage Pass and the GBC Women's Conference (Oops!) So, while I did get elicit help from my mom for early morning registration duties, I didn't get to enjoy the day with her. (Sorry, Mom!) Instead I got to go do a presentation and finish hosting a meeting for work...all before noon. Everything went off without a hitch...so far.

This weekend is also Promotion Sunday at church. That means that my 5 year olds and almost 5 year olds are moving up to the next class AND I get a brand new group of 3 year olds! For the last two years I've had mostly boys...very busy and often entertaining boys. These boys include one who very earnestly prayed for my dear friend "Danika in Danikastan" (I think he meant Afghanastan!).

Tomorrow it all changes. I am getting at least 6 girls and 1 new boy in my class. We'll have sorts of adventures in learning to sit still and to raise a hand instead of shouting and to be lady when wearing a skirt. And Lord willing, these sweet (I think) girls will learn a whole lot about the love of Jesus and how much He has done for them!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh - you'll have to let me know how all the little girls do in your class on the first day!! What a big day for them (and you)! It'll be a HUGE difference for them, but one they have been more than ready for I think. Geesh - who on earth will be in the 2 year old room now?! LOL.

Lindsay said...

Oh yeah - and I like the new look - kudos to you!! :-)

Bonnie said...

So cute! Praying for Danika in Danikastan! :) I like your background, too, D! Nice work on blogging!

shaunjoy said...

Sounds like you're busy! Have fun with all the little girls -- they may stay in their seats better, but experience tells me that their mouths might still be quite active! ;)