Tuesday, September 20, 2011

All is Well

This morning I awoke to a choral and orchestral arrangement playing on my alarm clock. It was from a 1980's era Christmas album by Michael W. Smith (and by the way, that CD has been in my clock since last Christmas - I just don't use the CD player ever).

All is well, all is well
Lift up your voice and sing!
Born is now Emmanuel
Born is our Lord and Savior
Sing Alleluia
Sing Alleluia
All is well!

What a basis for my joy! A solid bedrock for settled, determined joy! All is well for Christ has come. My sins are washed clean. My eternity is settled forever with Him. He tore the veil. He made a way for me to come with boldness before Him. He made the perfect, full sacrifice once for all people for all time.

My joy - when I'm focused on truth and when I'm thinking rather than just reacting - does not depend on the day's circumstances. It's not about what I accomplish or how my boys behave or how potty training goes today. All is well, for Christ has come. And He is coming again in righteousness to set all things right.

Sing Alleluia! All is well!


1 comment:

Peggy Miller said...

Hey Dana! It's me, Peggy, Erin's mom. I was just reading her blog and noticed yours on the sidebar. I loved this post. All is well. Bless you and yours!