Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Giving Thanks

Last night Wyatt threw up for the first time, an occasion I've been dreading. But since I'm on Day 26 of becoming more grateful, I need to publicly share this list.

I'm thankful for:
-a husband who can totally "sell" food to a 2-year-old. Wyatt has a sweet tooth, so Saltine crackers aren't on his list of favorite foods. Randy brought home Keebler-brand crackers last night and made a HUGE deal about elf crackers. Wyatt loves them.

- a husband who helps clean up the mess

- that the two times Wyatt threw up in the evening, he threw up at the table on hardwood floors. No soft furniture, no carpet.

- that the two times he threw up in bed, it was mostly water, he stayed calm and went right back to bed.

- that I had just enough sheets to change his bed twice

- no fever

- that God protected Hobbes and Silky from getting nasty. He got Giraffey, but Hobbes and Silky stayed dry. Whew!

- that he hasn't thrown up today!

This stomach bug must be going around. Randy felt awful on Sunday night. And I've heard of two other kids and one other person who were in the 1 year old nursery on Sunday who have had the same thing in the past 24 hours.

Here's to being "thankful in all things!"

3 comments:

Mama on the Run said...

Amen, sister! Thankful for our amazing hubbies who help clean up our sick kidlets. Now here's to praising God for an upswing of health! :)
Love ya,
Ames

Monique Bergmeier said...

Love that Hobbes and Silky were safe! I remember one of the first times Karsten threw up - right in his Elmo's wide open mouth! Elmo was quickly replaced with a body double!!

Lindsay said...

Yeah - no kidding - thankful for hubs who help....and kids who don't puke very often! :-)