Monday, March 28, 2011

Happy 200th

This is my 200th post. So I thought it was fitting to share some really precious pictures Randy took today while I was at work.

Wyatt really loves his brother. And so does Ryder. It melts my heart to watch them interact. Ryder is so accommodating to his brother, too. He smiles and laughs so easily and encourages Wyatt to make him laugh more.



We talk a lot about making Ryder laugh instead of making him cry. "Ryder cry. No no!" Wyatt says. Wyatt also likes to do tummy time with Ryder on his play gym. We just have to remind him that we put Ryder on his tummy, not Wyatt. Believe me, he has tried. Speaking of trying, Ryder is trying to turn himself over! He started last week and keeps working hard at it.


I hear Wyatt was full of kisses today. Thank you, fever, for finally going away, so the kisses don't spread you!

A couple weeks ago, I picked up a bag of big, funky buttons at a junk shop. Now my button jars have turned into great (and educational) fun for Wyatt. We sit at the table and sort them, looking for matches and learning our colors. Ryder sits (carefully supervised) in his bumbo while Wyatt sorts buttons (also very very carefully supervised). Ryder learns to sit up straight and Wyatt teaches him, "Look, Ryder! Fower!" (Flower). "Look, Ryder! Boo button!" (Blue). Love, love, love it! Please pardon the laundry basket.


And last but not least, this extremely contagious grin is often gracing Ryder's chubby chubby cheeks.

Isn't that the best?!?

2 comments:

shaunjoy said...

Such cuties! I love when siblings love each other... it just makes my heart melt. My girls love playing with my tin of buttons too. I figured they would since I have fond memories of being allowed to sort through Mom's button drawer when I was little! (I imagine you did the same?)

Edie said...

Contagious YES! I immediately smiled when I saw that last picture. :)

Great post!