Friday, August 13, 2010

A Year and A Quarter

Wyatt is 15 months, and I've said this every month, but I really love this age. He understands so
much now and is communicating with us...even if we don't understand his words. "Degnum" anyone? In the last week he has gotten very good at shaking his head no and clapping for yes. Last weekend he had a five-day viral fever - yuck, yuck! He wasn't hungry at dinner, but around 9:30 when the medicine had kicked in he woke up and cried and cried. I couldn't figure out what was wrong when it hit me. I asked, "Wyatt, are you hungry? Do you want some milk?" Big grin and giggles - clap, clap! "Do you want a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?" Bigger grin, louder giggles, more claps. Love it!

He also has his first chore. Since he likes to push chairs around so much, he now pushes his highchair back into the corner after every meal and snack. Such a big helper!

Daddy figured out a solution to his attempts to look out the front window. He just needed a few more inches, so now he stands on his cobbler's bench. Works great! Now he can see the "cas" and the "guks" all by himself.


1 comment:

Erin Bennett said...

So cute. :) I totally said that when we had Jack--I liked every stage even more than the last!