Monday, April 5, 2010

We're Alive

Yep, I disappeared. And I'm about to disappear again.

God sold our house in 23 days to a couple who needed to be out of their house by April 21. So we have to be out of our house by April 21. As of today, taking out all of the Easter celebrations (1 left), days in the office (3 1/2), and the rest of life, I think I have about 7 days left to pack. My hubby is awesome though, and I'm feeling much better about things after a weekend of hardcore packing.

For about 3 days we were homeless. My parents basement was starting to look like home for awhile. Then Friday God showed us our house. It's been on the market since August, and the only reason I can figure for that is that God has been saving it for us and bringing the price down to what we can afford. We're selling our stove with the house and taking all the rest of the appliances. The sellers at our new house are taking all of their appliances....except the stove, which just happens to be the exact same stove as ours plus a year or two. Isn't God amazing?

We're going to live across the street from a big park and half a block down from the playground. The backyard has an awesome patio and cottage garden. I'm seeing lots of playdates in our future!!

On another note, before everything went into chaos, I had a few days to sew. This is one of the projects, and following the move, I have plans for coordinating sets. Just maybe someone might by them on a new Etsy shop??


And of course, a sweet pic of Daddy and Wyatt. I have a whole series of these and can't wait to print them and frame them for our new house.

Okay. I'm gone.

4 comments:

shaunjoy said...

Wow, congrats on selling the house! And on finding another one! :) During our last move we had a few moments of panic when one house fell through and we had visions of moving into Shaun's parents' house. God came through though and we had ONE day after closing on the new house to get out of our old one. At least we had been packing in advance knowing that we'd have to move out to...somewhere!

shaunjoy said...

You know except for the color, Wyatt and Greta are pretty much rockin' the same hairdo!

Lindsay said...

Oh I know exactly where the house is...well, the area - how fun!! Now you need a dog and she'll have a place to run :-) Hehe. Yay! Can't wait to visit in your new digs. Is there a lot of updating to be done?

Danika said...

wow...crazy whirlwind. I hope you are finding moments of peace throughout the day. And you need to send me your new address. :)

Love you dear!